Moving forward: think, reflect, play...

This blog is a continuation of Stepping back, looking forward: A year to think, reflect and play... More than anything, my sabbatical leave taught me that I need to take the time *daily* to look forward...even in the midst of a hectic work schedule. And the library staff needs to do the same...think, reflect, play... Formerly Stepping back, looking forward

11/15/2006

Update on IMLS Technology and Digitization Survey

I heard this week that the Institite of Museum and Library Studies has agreed to let me use the Technology and Digitization Survey to administer to the California Community Colleges. The IMLS will be forwarding to me the survey and the instructions to load it on a Cold Fusion Server (which our college has). I will, in turn, report the results of the survey to the IMLS.

I have reviewed the suvey and have adapted it for our community college libraries. I plan to send it to MIS directors as well as library directors and deans.
Great news!

"The Institute of Museum and Library Services is the primary source of federal upport for the nation’s 122,000 libraries and 17,500 museums. Its mission is
to grow and sustain a “Nation of Learners” because life-long learning is essential to a democratic society and individual success. Through its grant making, convenings, research and publications, the Institute empowers museums and libraries nationwide to provide leadership and services to enhance learning in families and communities, sustain cultural heritage, build twenty-first-century skills, and increase civic participation." [from http://www.imls.gov/about/about.shtm]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home