Moving forward: think, reflect, play...

This blog is a continuation of Stepping back, looking forward: A year to think, reflect and play... More than anything, my sabbatical leave taught me that I need to take the time *daily* to look forward...even in the midst of a hectic work schedule. And the library staff needs to do the same...think, reflect, play... Formerly Stepping back, looking forward

10/22/2006

Using Writely.com to collaborate, edit, publish

For a recent review of Writely.com, go to http://tinyurl.com/yl882o

A few weeks ago, I met with my campus's Technology Plan Writing Group which I am continuing to chair while I am on sabbatical leave. We have worked so hard over the last few years and we work together very well, integrating the other planning efforts on campus and extracting technology requests into a plan that is accountable, online (reportable), and accessible. I did not want us to lose our momentum.

However, now that I am on my own schedule, I find I often have conflicts with the established meeting schedule. And, the numerous Friday holidays and monthly Campus Technology Committee meeting always conflicts. I played with a Wiki but it did not have the wisiwig capabilities I was looking for. It seemed cluncky and a little archaic...even though it was rather cool...

Jeff suggested Writely.com I am always amazed how he knows so much about so many things. And he was right! ;-) It is a tool that looks like Word and is intuitive...I loaded our documents and we are going to try it. I think it will be a beautiful resource as we look to our accrediatation self-study. I posted the plan, and we will work on it this week...Part 1 is due by Halloween....
More later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home