Moving forward: think, reflect, play...

This blog is a continuation of Stepping back, looking forward: A year to think, reflect and play... More than anything, my sabbatical leave taught me that I need to take the time *daily* to look forward...even in the midst of a hectic work schedule. And the library staff needs to do the same...think, reflect, play... Formerly Stepping back, looking forward

12/09/2006

Blogs, wikis and more...results of the survey

I know, I am the "Survey Queen"...but the data I gather is helpful to me in my research this year (and I hope it will benefit your library as well!)

Many thanks to the 69 respondents (that's 62% which is fine.) You can see the survey results at the following URL:

http://tinyurl.com/y4u498

Most significant findings are:
83% of our community college libraries do not use any blogs in their services to students; although 50% of respondents read blogs personally

6 libraries are using wikis; 59 (86% are not)

83% do not use RSS feeds in their Library catalogs and/or resources AND 65% of respondents have not personally or professionally used an RSS feed

Only one library is using a social networking sofware (like Myspace or Facebook) and 86% of respondents have not personally used social networking software

88% of libraries do not use any online photo sharing software although 42% have used one personally

For more information on these issues, check out a brief definition I have provided on my blog:
http://tinyurl.com/yy46vd

More to come...
Mary Ann Laun