Moving forward: think, reflect, play...

This blog is a continuation of Stepping back, looking forward: A year to think, reflect and play... More than anything, my sabbatical leave taught me that I need to take the time *daily* to look forward...even in the midst of a hectic work schedule. And the library staff needs to do the same...think, reflect, play... Formerly Stepping back, looking forward

1/20/2007

ALA Exhibitors and My Notes

Saturday:
SIRSI/DYNIX: big crowd there huddled around to hear Stephen Abram talk about the Social Library and 2.0. Since I have been attending the Sirsi/Dynix Institutes online, I was anxious to hear him in person. This guy is amazing...his mind is clicking fast, he talks fast and yes ! I do think he can keep up with all the newest, greatest, latest. He is the first one to look you in the eye and comment on what is wrong with us that eveyone over 25 doesn't get it about Myspace, Facebook, Bebo. He urges us to get our "textheads" into "nexthead" and by the way, watch Spiralfrog from Universal (and it will be free). 80% of all college and university students have a social networking site like Myspace and Facebook. Look out for libraries in Second Life...get an avatar and join in the fun in Infoisland. If nothing else, subscribe to Stephen's blog: Stephen's Lighthouse http://stephenslighthouse.sirsidynix.com/

p.s. and I am *not* a Sirsi customer...

oh yes, maryann...check out Yub, Zack Mortal in Second life, Schoolrooms, Eastern University's gaming interface, Hennepin County's link from Myspace

Also spent time with Overdrive, Booklist online, and others....but I *must* get to sleep so I can get back to the Sunrise session on Transforming the Future: 20/20 Foresight!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home