Moving forward: think, reflect, play...

This blog is a continuation of Stepping back, looking forward: A year to think, reflect and play... More than anything, my sabbatical leave taught me that I need to take the time *daily* to look forward...even in the midst of a hectic work schedule. And the library staff needs to do the same...think, reflect, play... Formerly Stepping back, looking forward

1/19/2007

ALA Midwinter meeting, Seattle

Friday morning and I am heading from Puyullup to Seattle for the ACRL preconference on assessment. It seems whenever I arrive in Seattle and walk out into the cool air, I feel like I am home. It is beautiful here and the abundance of trees is such a sharp contrast to the "desert" of Southern California inland areas. It is hard to believe that last week I was in the Anza Borrego desert for an orienteering meet (and so in love with that desert) , and now I am in the cool (ok...cold!) northwest. Ok...I am fickle!

Forecast is for much rain today but at least it has warmed up today so there is *no* snowstorm. It has been a harsh, cruel winter here...or as a canal friend of ours (Wendie) described it -- "brutal!"

My tentative schedule is: (some conflicts so it will depend where I am and how easily I can get there!)
ACRL pre conf on assessment (day long seminar)
CJCLS dinner Friday night
Social networking: best practices for libraries (OCLC sponsored, Saturday morning)
Exhibits, exhibits. exhibits...
Transforming yourself: Reaching new heights/ Sue Ershler (Sunrise program)
Stephen Abram-- Social library 2020: 2.0 in action (SIRSI booth seminar)
Your firefox can do that! (SIRSI booth seminar)
Fish (ALA President's program)
Transforming the future: 20/20 foresight/Bob Treadway (Sunrise program)
Content dm success stories
OCLC update breakfast
Social bookmarking
Next gen portals: the 2.0 ecperience
CJCLS all committee
Content dm users meeting
Digi solutions: NDNP and beyond

Exhibitors I don't want to miss...
Don’t miss Exhibits:
1713 blogger badge
2002 READ poster (get CD on READ from ALA store)
2015 OCLC
2519 Sirsi
2615 Knowledge café
To check out:
Overdrive
ICT
Dual monitors for reference desk

I have also registered as an ALA blogger...how fun!


Labels: