Moving forward: think, reflect, play...

This blog is a continuation of Stepping back, looking forward: A year to think, reflect and play... More than anything, my sabbatical leave taught me that I need to take the time *daily* to look forward...even in the midst of a hectic work schedule. And the library staff needs to do the same...think, reflect, play... Formerly Stepping back, looking forward

8/01/2007

Leo LaPorte, the Tech Guy and Jott.com

My husband, Jeff is a huge fan of Leo Laporte and it is not an unusual event when when I go to bed before him that he comes in brimming with enthusiasm (Are you still awake?) for something he heard about on The Tech Guy. So it is with Jott.com...

Jott.com is an online service for taking notes...and you do it by calling an 800 number to record a note to yourself (or someone else.) Jott then transcribes your voice into an email message that you send to yourself. Also transcribed is a voice message as well. Jott cumulates these messages into a daily "to do" list and then sends you a daily reminder.

I have used this service as I am in the car (or in an office, waiting...or in a hammock...when things I can't seem to remember when at work (or at home) come to mind. I now can pick up my phone, call Jott and leave a message for myself. No more notes everywhere...no more voice mails to leave...just one daily list. Items stay on the list until you delete them. It is very cool...and has helped me organize things that would continue to nag me at times when I cannot deal with them.
It is worth a try (and it was definitely worth waking up to hear about it!)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home