Moving forward: think, reflect, play...

This blog is a continuation of Stepping back, looking forward: A year to think, reflect and play... More than anything, my sabbatical leave taught me that I need to take the time *daily* to look forward...even in the midst of a hectic work schedule. And the library staff needs to do the same...think, reflect, play... Formerly Stepping back, looking forward

2/20/2007

Community College Survey of Digital Resources: Activities and Readiness

The survey I adapted from the IMLS Survey on Technology and Digitization is now out! You can see a review copy at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=138973345797
Unfortunately, after 3 months of discussion with IMLS, they decided that I could not see the community college results from the national survey. Since the response from community colleges was not overwhelming, it seems that the results might have been a violation of the confidential nature of the survey. I had decided that I could no longer wait so I had drafted mine in Surveymonkey.

As of today (just three days after release), 25 libraries have responded. Yea!

Outline of project plan and activities:
--Explore this agenda fully in the literature
--Survey statewide community colleges
--Survey and visit selected community colleges known for their progressive use of technology
--Frame a discussion paper on planning for continued technology growth and development.
--Summarize findings in a document for the Council of Chief Librarians similar to the one I prepared in 1977: Onramps to Electronic Highways: Database Trends, Practices and Expenditures in California's Community College Libraries

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home