Moving forward: think, reflect, play...

This blog is a continuation of Stepping back, looking forward: A year to think, reflect and play... More than anything, my sabbatical leave taught me that I need to take the time *daily* to look forward...even in the midst of a hectic work schedule. And the library staff needs to do the same...think, reflect, play... Formerly Stepping back, looking forward

2/09/2007

Visit to Mount San Antonio College (Mt. Sac)



Dona and I headed out on our weekly "College Trek" to visit with colleagues at Mt. Sac. Although I have been on the campus before, I have not had a chance to visit the library and learning resources center. We met with the Kerry Stern, the Dean of Library and Learning Resources and discussed my sabbatical leave, her responsbilities as Dean, the digitization agenda for colleges, a new Library, and campus changes. Dona also spoke to her about their new Reading Center. We then took a tour of the Library and Learning Resources building and then while Dona was interviewing the Reading Center people, I took a tour of the campus. It is a campus in transition and I was so envious of all their space. Beautiful sycamore trees, nice coffee commons, Home Cooking cafe as well as a traditional cafeteria, fun bookstore and a new Student Services Building that is still not finished.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home